The ABRSM Grade 1 to 5 Jazz Pieces for Piano are five superb albums of graded pieces which provide a wealth of jazz repertoire for you to play.
Throughout, there is a huge range of styles, from bebop blues to calypsos, boogie-woogie to ballads, jazz waltzes to free jazz.
There are classic tunes by the jazz greats, including Duke Ellington, Miles Davis and Thelonious Monk. And there are brand-new pieces specially commissioned from professional British jazz musicians and educators.
Each book presents 15 pieces in three lists: blues, standards and contemporary jazz. The head of each piece is set out with all the characteristic voicings, phrasing and rhythmic patterns you need for a stylish performance. The improvised section gives guideline pitches and left-hand voicings as a practical starting-point.
Accessible, student-centred and of the highest musical standards, these pieces will get you playing jazz confidently and creatively.
Contains all the pieces for ABRSM's jazz piano exam.
• wealth of jazz repertoire in a carefully graded book
• huge range of styles, from up-tempo swing tunes to funky rock grooves
• pieces presented in three categories: blues, standards and contemporary jazz
• contemporary jazz pieces specially commissioned for the syllabus from professional jazz musicians
• heads of pieces fully notated for idiomatic performance
• structured help given in solo sections
• contains all the pieces for ABRSM’s jazz piano exam